Monday, December 11, 2006

Tuba Lesson Number 1

What Ho Proles!

My first tuba lesson with Dr. Fink, our local music teacher, went along without any fuss and much enjoyment was had by all. It does the lungs good to expel so much of the hot stuff and I think it’s reinvigorated my eagerness to get the Memoirs finished. As you can see, chapter 28 is now behind us and I’m going forward on a new sheet of paper. Chapter 29 lies ahead; an undiscovered country, a bit like Uzbekistan and parts of Wales.

Suffice it to say, I’ve struggled with this 3000 word chuck of memory. It's also too damn long but I can't be held responsible if too much was said. Lots happen, insults made, chat was chatted, and events occurred that changed the 2005 election.

I should imagine that in a century or so, some new Macaulay might find this manuscript and realise that the fate of the nation was decided at the moments described below. I hope you enjoy it. I’ve passed kidney stones that have caused me much less anguish than getting a first draft of this chapter.

Onward.

No comments: