Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Christmas / New Year Interregnum

What Ho Proles!

I’ve been remiss over the last few days by failing to give you a proper update of the state of affairs here at Murgatroid Hall. What is J.P. Mugrgatroid up to? What adventures might he have had whilst under the influence of those complex organic compounds we hear so much about? How much wine has the man really drunk and can a liver stand such shabby treatment? Well these are all worthy questions and it is only the answers that will let you down.

The simple truth of the matter is that very little has happened.

I slept through Christmas Day, leaving the staff time to enjoy themselves, if ‘enjoy’ is the right word once My Man starts to sing his Christmas carols. Boxing Day I spent watching sport on the TV and then sleeping off another bottle of wine I knocked back at lunch. Very little reading has got done. Camus doesn’t seem to have a laugh in him. I’ve been sorely disappointed.

Beyond that, I’ve been counting off all the celebrities who’ve been dropping like pine needles from that great tree called Life: Charlie Drake, Marmaduke Hussey, Gerald Ford, James Brown. Does anybody really believe it’s still the season to be merry?

Anyway, I will resume the usual service here next week. In the meantime, let me wish you all a jolly prosperous New Year.

As you were...

1 comment:

m.a. said...

Dear Sir,

It certainly has been a holiday season of loss, hasn't it? I think that we should just go ahead and celebrate our being alive! I'll toast to you with some expensive champagne this new year!

All the best,
ma