Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Remorse of a Sot

What Ho Proles!

I’ll speak softly, if you don’t mind. A hangover is a noble thing when suffered for a good cause. A pity, then, that my head owes its being to the drunken revels of financiers celebrating the weakened dollar. Still, I have my humility to act as a salve to my painfully troubled head. On this day, let it be said that Murgatroid was humbled...

I believe I might have mentioned that I’d had a little too much to drink last night but I don’t believe I expressed enough remorse. Well, here is that remorse in the form of one easy to swallow pill. I made a fool of myself. I’m sorry. A man drunk to the gills is not a pretty sight. A blogger drunk to the gills is downright ugly. How I found the keyboard is still a minor miracle.

I’m going to take it easy today. For some reason, my right hand if heavily bruised and I can’t remember why. I think I must have hit something. I don’t know. I suppose I should look to see what embarrassing words I wrote last night, though I’m bitterly disappointed with My Man who should have rubbed that entry from the slate. Those words should not have been made public. It’s all been deeply regrettable.

Fizz, fizz.

2 comments:

m.a. said...

You tend to that hand and get back to the memoirs. I'm reading with interest and remain, a devoted fan.

The Spine said...

Hope you're feeling more cheerful today, MA. I confess that I'm trying to work to take away the sting of sobriety. And I'll keep plugging away at the Memoirs but the chapter I'm currently writing has been the toughest yet. Your kind of support will keep me away from the bottle for another 40000 words.