Friday, October 20, 2006

Update about the next update

What Ho Proles!

I'm afraid an evening spent seeing to my correspondance has delayed my getting around to typing up the rest of yesterday's business, though rest assured, the truth shall be told and I care not a hoot about legal challenges threatened by hirsute professors of history!

I've just noticed that David Beckham is to be made a knight. It makes every one of my artistocratic cells shiver in disgust,so I'm also off to write a quick memo to the College of Arms to suggest atheletic rub and jockstraps as motifs for his eventual rise to an Earldom. I doubt if the man would even know how to give a dressing down an underling. Shocking.

Hectic regards.

3 comments:

m.a. said...

Sir,

I am shocked at this news. Why must every Tom, Dick, Harry, (and now David) be named a knight? At least when actors are promoted to the knighthood, they have played the part of their betters. But what do I know, really? I'm (*gasp*) an American.

Enjoy your weekend!

The Spine said...

Absolutely top quality comment, Momentary Academic. Of course, knighthoods have depreciated in value and I think it's time we reintroduce some of the traditional elements, such as the tourney, with plenty of violent jousting and the like to thin these knights down a bit.

Anonymous said...

So if DBeckham becomes Lord Beckam and his companion stick becomes Lady Posh, does that make her a posh lady?