Monday, October 09, 2006

Typical London Morning

What Ho Proles!

Up and about on a fine Monday morning. The city looks glorious today, full of the ceremonial pomp and splendour that can only be found in world's greatest capital. Witnessed the oddest sight though, and I thought I’d share it with you.

I was coming out of the my offices when I saw – and I swear this is true – a gent in full pinstripes and bowler actually stopping to ask the time from a council worker! I felt thoroughly ashamed for the chap and could have told him off there and then had I not been in such a rush. It saddens me to see that rank is being diminished by these small acts of surrender. We men of a certain breeding must not show weakness to those that lack the DNA to appreciate a well turned piece of worsted. I wouldn’t mind, but I do believe that the council worker had a digital watch! I would never have lived down the shame.

I’m off for a quick G&T. More later.

Tally ho!

No comments: