Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Curse of the WI

What Ho Proles!

There is terrible news from the home front. A bug has invaded my system. All the symptoms are there: the hot throat, the cold feet, an ache in the small of my back. I blame the WI who, despite their reputation for clean living, were coughing and sneezing last night with no regard for the spread of germs. This is a salutary lesson to all of us who tinker with these fringe groups. We may think of them as a harmless institution but they’re actually a walking munitions plant, full of bacteriological warheads cloaked in knitted wool and mentholated hosiery.

The good news is that My Man has recovered from his concussion and his memory has returned. It couldn’t have happened sooner given that I am now about to retire to the four poster from where I will demand constant aid and supervision.

More when the lurgy lifts.

Atchoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember old thing, the strong-ish hot whiskey will do not good unless accompanied by a spoonful of sugar, a finger lenght of cloves and an eight of a lemon. I am Irish (although now polluting the ranks of an old British triple-barrelled named family) so I know these things. :) E.

The Spine said...

As fine a remedy as I've ever ingested. My Man even rubbed some into his black eyes. Of course, it didn't do a thing except blind him for two hours. But still, I swear by the stuff.

Might I suggest you patent it and sell it on the highstreet? I am quite sure it would help cut down on slacking and general work-avoidance and increase national productivity by oodles.