Saturday, November 25, 2006

Saturday, Sushi and Spies

What Ho Proles!

Bit of a brief update today, it being Saturday, the day of sport. I’m also a bit bleary eyed after staying up to watch the Ashes. I stayed awake until England started to get thrashed, which means I got my head down quite early and had my full nine hours.

I also have to be quick because my mind is taken with up with this business with Russia spies and London sushi bars. Many of my investments are out their in the wilds of East Europe so I’m watching the business with a keener eye than usual. I can’t believe that Putin is a rascal. He looks such a friendly sort of chap and reminds me of my Aunt Mary who also had a black belt in judo.

Mind you, I’ve always had an interest in Russia. When I was at Oxford, I was once approached by a member of our secret service intelligence service to join their ranks. I turned him down of course, giving him the same excuse I’d given the member of the KGB who had offered me a similar job a week earlier: that I couldn’t keep a secret, didn’t like the hours, and liked my neck too much to put it on the line for anyone. They would probably have rejected me at the medical, however, due to this ocular deficiency I suffer.

Still Moscow and London’s loss is C---- N---- gain.

I’ll chat more lengthily tomorrow,

2 comments:

m.a. said...

Now, your ocular deficiency would be no such problem, sir, with the laser surgeries and such. And please let your man know that I only fancy you for your ability to read latin. He's still my number one favourite artistic type living in C-- N--.q

The Spine said...

My Man says he is suitably appeased by your contrition, though if I were you, I'd be wary of women following you with a mean looking Doberman. They claim to have a very open marriage, though it's only open in the same was as we speak of an 'open prison'.

You have be warned.

Jacob.