Monday, March 12, 2007

Fun With Lib Dems

What Ho Proles!

Well, I knew that title had to catch your eye, simply because it's not something you see every day! Fun with Lib Dems is one of those oxymorons, like Compassionate Conservative, which even as a Tory, I can see makes no sense.

I’m just checking in to this blog to make sure that you’re all doing well and that nobody’s been stealing the china. Not that I’m accusing you of anything, you understand, but I’m pretty sure there are people out there who have visited this site who have prolish blood running through their veins. That’s another problem with improving literacy among the working classes: they always put it to some wrong use.

Anyway, in this age of government accountability, I suppose I should give an account of my activities for the last week or so. Well, I’ve been roped into local Tory party activities which have kept me away from my blog for too long. There have been local mutterings about voting Lib Dem so the local Tory group thought we should organise a leafleting campaign with random hectoring of locals. Old Campbell seems to be winning people around but I think it’s people responding out of pity. That or they like the smell of mint humbugs and heat rub.

I was off in Chidminster, yesterday, where I hectored a local about green taxes for nearly an hour. By the time I was finished, I think he’d have preferred to gnaw off his own leg rather than vote for anything but the blue rosette. I’m pretty sure old Dilly Cameron would be rather proud to see another browbeat soul into joining the winning camp. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of these green taxes, though anything to stop proles from migrating across the country should be welcomed. Tax has few good uses but their ability to prevent the poor from aspiring above their means has to be one of the best reasons for increasing the tax burden, year on year.

Okay, I have to dash. My Man has just brought the Bentley around to the front. We’re off this afternoon to raid a meeting of Lib Dems. They’re a harmless enough bunch but we can always be sure to turn one or two of them to the Tory cause by playing Land of Hope and Glory at them very loudly.

Toodle pip.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The only thing the proles can be safely relied upon for is a bit of rabble rousing.
Do the best you can bringing the nation to order, squire.