Monday, February 12, 2007

Snow and Cheap Wine

What Ho Proles!

I’m writing this from my hotel room in London where I’ve been stuck for the last week dealing with matters of family high finance. I know I made vows to keep posting but last week’s blizzard prevented me from returning home and my laptop was on the other side of the world. I could, of course, have found myself a ‘internet cafe’ but have you seen the sort of people who congregate there? I’d have rather nipped down the back of the Dorchester’s alley and paid a couple of tramps to hand deliver notes to each one of you.

I had My Man nip back for the laptop today and I hope to keep you informed of when this whole business with the accountants is settled and the family fortune is safe for a few more years. No need to put My Man out on the street, though he has been complaining about the conditions of the YMCA, which is where I had him lodged him since last week. The man smells of cheap wine and windscreen wiper fluid and I wouldn’t put it past him to have drinking both.

We shall be in contact,

I remain, you friend and patron,

2 comments:

m.a. said...

We have snow too. I also wanted to wish you a happy valentine's day. (wink!)

The Spine said...

You are a most terrible flit, Momentary. We men of breeding don't celebrate such festivals. There's no surer way of ruining a man's tweed.