Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Proverbial Second Bus

What Ho Proles!

Don't they always say that buses arrive in pairs. Well, here's the second double decker to pass you way today. I'm back with a bounce, as they say, or if not a bounce, then as near to a perfect yorker as possible. Hot jiggedy damn, those gales were strong last week! We’ve had nothing but intermittent power to the Hall ever since, hence my short absence from the high realms of bloggerdom.

I’m glad to say that my time hasn’t been poorly spent. I had a proper chapter of Memoir to post and post it I did, thus being able to bring a rare moment to pass. This is every single word written so far of my memoirs. That’s every one of the 55,000 or so words I’ve written since this I began the task of writing my political memoirs in October. That means I’m now venturing into fresh territory. Oh, I know this means nothing to you but there’s a definite frisson of excitement in the Hall. To mark the occasion, Mrs. Priggs is now making one of her special rice puddings, so I dare say it will be a rare day in one other ways too: the new drains will finally get their first proper workout tonight.

I’ve not mentioned My Man for a few days, leading some to speculate that he’d left my employment. This obviously wishful thinking on some people’s behalf. I’ve not mentioned the oaf since he doesn’t warrant a mention. He’s been a little put out since my Memoirs are currently detailing a time when he contributed little to my campaign. When he gets his next moment of glory, I’m sure he’ll buck up but for the moment, he gives off an air of indifference when he hands me the freshly typed pages.

I should really see about having a word with him. I don’t like to see a man become indifferent. I think I’ll have to give him something to worry about.

Back soon,

3 comments:

m.a. said...

I have several questions for your man. Do you think that he would ever submit to an interview?

I would want to interview as well; however, I think that I'm not quite ready to interview a proper English gentleman just yet.

The Spine said...

Oh, I think I could allow him to answer a few questions so long as they don't compromise my privacy. Just don't go giving him any ideas of grandeur. The last thing I need is for him to turning rebellious.

m.a. said...

Oh. I just realized a horrible typographical error in my response. I meant to say that I would also want to interview you, of course, but that I wouldn't wat to compromise your identity at all.

Your man seems nice enough, but we Americans are known to be pushy and I don't want to make your man nervous with all my questions about him, his playwriting and his ideas about the world.